- What Group will benefit from the project
- How the project benefits the Group
- The Project must be approved by your Scoutmaster and Troop Committee and then approved by the District Advancement Committee Chair or the District Eagle Committee Chairman before starting.
- Once the project is finished, you need to complete the remaining pages in the packet and get a final signature from your Scoutmaster.
What Not to Do:
- Begin a project before you have your Life rank.
- Do not work on our project before getting all approvals and/or signatures in the workbook.
- Share a project with another scout.
- Propose a project for a profit-making organization.
- Propose a project on any Boy Scout property.
- Choose a project that is a routine function or routine labor in the community.
What to do:
- Consult your leaders while selecting a project.
- Choose a project you will be proud of for the rest of your life.
- Do a project that really stretches your abilities.
- Document your project from day one and log all of your hours.