You need to include in a binder the following paperwork:
- The “Eagle Application” – The application needs to be approved by the Scoutmaster and Troop Committee Chairman; all dates filled in; all references completed with the exception of work and religious if applicant is not currently working or has recently moved into the area and a new center of belief has not been established.
- A written statement about your life goals and leadership history. (req. #6)All blue cards and rank advancement cards.
- Two recommendation letters (Nice to have but not required).
- Papers relating to your project.
- The binder is then turned into the District Eagle Committee Chairman for submission to Council for approval.
The following reasons can or could cause your paperwork to be rejected:
- You must have four months between the ranks of 1st Class and Star.
- You must have six months between the ranks of Star and Life.
- You must have 12 from the list of required merit badges for the rank of Eagle.
- You must have at least nine merit badges of your choice in addition to the 12 required merit badges.
- You must have service in a leadership position for at leased six months as a Life Scout. The position must be correct for the unit you are registered in at the time of service.
- You must complete all of the Eagle requirements and have your Scoutmaster conference completed by the day prior to your 18th birthday.