August Scout Spotlight - Blake from Troop 583
Blake is a helpful and kind young man. He has been in scouting since he was in the first grade and has recently completed his Eagle project and has successfully earned the rank of an Eagle Scout. Blake demonstrates, not just as a scout but also in his daily life, living out The Scout Oath to its fullest.
Blake is always willing to help a fellow friend, scout or a member of his community. He served as a member of the Associated Student Body in Jr. High School at Arroyo Seco and all throughout High School, at Saugus High. Blake has always been a great role model for his peers.
Blake’s Eagle Project… Troop 583 in Castaic, California – He constructed 28 new benches for Valley Trails Ranch mess hall. A HUGE thank you to everyone that came out this weekend! Your hard work was much appreciated.
Blake has also earned the following Academic awards:
– President’s Education Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence 2016
– Saugus H.S. – Athletic Award – Basketball 2016-2017, 2018, 2019
– Saugus H.S. – Associated Student Body Leadership Award for 2017-2018
– Saugus H.S – Athletic Award – JV Basketball 2018
– Saugus H.S – Associated Student Body Leadership Award for 2018-2019
– Saugus H.S. – Varsity Scholar Athlete Award in Basketball – In recognition of maintaining a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.75 or higher through at least three semesters of academic work while participating at the highest level of athletic competition at Saugus High School – May 2019